Did you hear about the watertight sealed bottom toilet flange?

Have you tried the new watertight toilet flange?

• Not yet, but wow that's cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet, I'm stuck in the past and don't try new things!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I've tried it - LOVE IT!

• I've tried it - I rather have sub-floor rot.

• It looks like sewer gas could bypass the seal.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Babsie Wagner

Reaction score
So there's this new toilet flange out. It's a sealed bottom flange, it can actually be adhered to the floor making it super strong, and it has NO HOLES. It is completely sealed and actually has channels in it for any water to go right back down the drain. After all these years, they finally invented a better mouse trap. I was wondering if anyone has used it yet?

Attachments

• Barracuda Toilet Flange with syrup.jpg
    Barracuda Toilet Flange with syrup.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 281

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
What prevents the sewer odor from going through those little drain holes and venting into the living space, through the bolt holes? I like a metal flange. If you install it correctly you do not have to worry about floor rot. Plastic flanges give and or break to easy. I hate gimmicks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What prevents the sewer odor from going through those little drain holes and venting into the living space, through the bolt holes? I like a metal flange. If you install it correctly you do not have to worry about floor rot. Plastic flanges give and or break to easy. I hate gimmicks.

I'm wondering the same thing. Little drains that bypass the seal?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let me put my glasses on...I still don't see how it works.
Hard to teach old doges new tricks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Beside the potential of sewer gas leaking, I fail to see any advantages this gives over the tried and true flanges. The holes in flanges are to hold the flange to the flooring, and there is no way for any leakage of liquid or gas. I just don't see this to be a better mousetrap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks