Did I buy the right the right rough in valve & trim??

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee185

Reaction score
Hello, new member here but I've been lurking for a month or so.

I'm remodeling the guest bathroom, I tore out the old tub & I am replacing it with a 3' X 5' shower stall. We're planning for a fixed shower head on the front wall over the valves & an additional, Rain shower head centered on the stall overhead.

On the advice of a local plumber I ran new 3/4" copper services from the main's, but the rough in valve I bought is 1/2". Its the only rough in valve that I could find that was a combo Thermostatic / 3 function diverter valve, but from all I can gather it only comes in 1/2"

Trim & Handles

Moen T4111 BN Kingsley Moentrol Shower Valve with Built-in Three Function Transfer Valve Trim - Brushed Nickel

Rough in Valve

Moen 3330 Moentrol Three Function Transfer Valve (1/2" CC)

My biggest question is, if I reduce my 3/4" services to 1/2" at the valve, will I have enough water pressure to run both shower heads.

The 3/4" to 1/2" reducer would be within 6" of the rough in valve, in order to get as much 3/4" volume & pressure as close to the valve as possible.

I've been looking for a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer that I could sweat directly to the rough in valve, but all I can come up with so far is the standard 3/4" X 1/2" reducer coupling.

Thanks, Lee

patma

Reaction score
1/2 copper: The flow rate is about 7.5 to 10gpm Plenty for up to 3 low flow shower heads. Restrictions in the heads are 2.5gpm is I remember correctly. Pressure can vary due to many factors. If you have good pressure, you should have plenty of flow for two heads running concurrently.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks