Desperately need help making a open river rock counter for 1/2 bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Pe61

Reaction score
hi we have guest coming in two weeks and our bathroom is all pulled apart We are trying to make a river rock counter for a 33” cabinet we just bought with a clear glass round vessel sink. We need instructions to how to hook up faucet. My husband can do basic plumbing but can’t figure out what the faucet will sit on with all the rocks.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The surface needs to be flat and the counter not much thicker then 2"-3" to mount the faucet but it depends on the faucet. There are one hole faucets that may make it easier. The way it mounts, the same as most kitchen one hole faucets. This is a Moen Model: 6402NL Another option is a wall mount faucet.
6402nl.tif.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
We are trying to make a river rock counter
Is that plywood on the bottom of the counter, a mortar bed, and rocks pushed about half-way into the mortar, or what?

My attempts to find pictures of something similar showed people usually having the faucets come out of the wall.

Pe61

Reaction score
The surface needs to be flat and the counter not much thicker then 2"-3" to mount the faucet but it depends on the faucet. There are one hole faucets that may make it easier. The way it mounts, the same as most kitchen one hole faucets. This is a Moen Model: 6402NL Another option is a wall mount faucet.
6402nl.tif.jpg
Do you think you have to have a platform for the vessel
Sink to sit on because if it sits on the plywood the river rocks would go all the way around it the sink but being a clear sink you would see in the center the plywood because the stone would not be level enough to put directly under the bowl Does that make sense ? Do you know what I mean ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks