Delta Valve with Stops - How Many Turns to Open?

Users who are viewing this thread

mdsnj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Delta Valve with stops and I was wondering how many turns do you usually give it to put the stops in a completely open position? It feels like if I keep unscrewing them, they might fall out. I don't want them to fall out, but I do want all of my water pressure.

Many Thanks!

rp50366-stops.jpg

Last edited:

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
The Delta ones aren't 1/4 turn. You should be able to just unscrew all of the way until it stops. The seat will keep it from coming all of the way out. The seat part only removes if you loosen the 3/8" nut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
The "newer" body delta rough-in valves use smaller stops that require "finesse." You need to tighten the retaining nut pretty securely to prevent it coming loose from opening the screwdriver stops. As long as you are gentle when you back out the stops, you'll feel resistance and know when to stop. But if you manhandle the stops, you will either break off the tangs or cause the retaining nut to come loose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks