Delta Valve Selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Schwarz633

Reaction score
I need some help with selecting the proper valve for my bathroom remodel. Here's a copy of an email that I sent to Delta and their response. I'm confused as to why there totally ignored my desire to use the valve with the integrated diverter and don't know what they mean by "1700 series".

Thank you for contacting us.

I am more than happy to have this opportunity to help you with your inquiry.

In order to accomplish the desired results you would need to start with a R10000 rough and a 1700 series valve trim kit with shower head and tub spout. From here, you will need to plumb a R11000 diverter rough from the top port of the R10000 rough. You will need to also choose a 3 setting-2 port diverter trim and ensure you are using the R971717 diverter cartridge which will allow only the shower head to be used or the hand held to be used individually without the option of running the 2 items at the same time. You will then need to plumb your shower head from the top port of the R11000, your hand held shower from the left port of the R11000 and you would plug your right port on the R11000.

Please contact us back if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Best Regards,
Liz

Delta Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Phone: (800) 345-3358
Reference:# : 06901253

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delta,

I'm remodeling my shower over tub and need some help selecting a valve.

Here's my requirements:

1. I want to have separate temperature and volume controls
2. I want to use a tub spout without a lift-up diverter
3. I want a fixed showerhead
4. I want to have an independant handheld shower for dog bathing
5. I want to be able to divert to 2 only, 3 only, or 4 only
6. I don't want any diverter positions that supply more than one outlet

I'm currently looking at:

T27T859-SS (3-setting)
T27T959-SS (6-setting)
R22000 rough-in

It doesn't appear to me that the 3-setting valve uses outlet 3, so I don't
think that will work for me.

I see some mention of shared positions and non-shared cartridges, but I
don't understand what all that means. I also see 4 different diverter
cartridges (RP71717, RP51918, RP71918, RP51919) listed in the parts
document. Which cartridges come with the valves I've listed above?

Can you provide me with some guidance on selecting the parts that will meet
my needs?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
R22000 rough , Not recommended for tub installation
That's the first thing I see. Not recommended by Delta.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/R22000

I like what they suggest. It's a little more work, but does what you want.

delta_r11000.jpg

In order to accomplish the desired results you would need to start with a R10000 rough and a 1700 series valve trim kit with shower head and tub spout. From here, you will need to plumb a R11000 diverter rough from the top port of the R10000 rough.

Schwarz633

Reaction score
R22000 rough , Not recommended for tub installation.
Is that because the flow rate is too low?

I don't see how the R10000/R11000 solution addresses my desire to use a tub spout without a pull-up diverter. As I read it, the tub spout would be connected to the R10000, with the R11000 diverter selecting between the fixed and handheld shower heads. I assume that a spout diverter is required to direct the flow from the R10000 to the R11000.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The R22000 has no flow rate for a tub filler.

The R10000 has a tub spout outlet that can be used with a pull up tub spout diverter. It needs the tub spout diverter to push the water up to the R11000 diverter.

Schwarz633

Reaction score
The data sheet for the Delta T27T967 states 5.9GPM@40PSI & 7.2GPM@60PSI, when used with the R22000. If filling the 50 gallon tub takes 7 minutes, I can live with that, I can't see the tub being used more than a couple of times a year, if that. I'm going to move forward with my original plan of supplying the non-diverter tub spout from the integrated diverter in the T27T967.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks