Delta shower system not diverting to handheld

Users who are viewing this thread

Carina Pamilar

Reaction score
In the final stage of a tub to shower conversion, but my new Delta shower system is not diverting to the handheld shower and the water is only coming out of the shower head at a luke warm temp. The tile has been laid. Is this a fixable issue?

Carina Pamilar

Reaction score
IMG_8123.JPG
IMG_8124.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Carina Pamilar

Reaction score

The diverter valve trim is Delta T11894 and the rough-in universal valve installed is Delta R11000. I'm a homeowner desperately looking for help. I've told the contractor at least 4 times about the issue and everyday he says "we'll take care of it". The project is close to final inspection with my city and the issue hasn't been addressed. I'm ready to cry!

The shower handle doesn't stops before the water can reach a warm temperature. At the most, only luke warm water comes out.

I don't know enough about plumbing to fix it myself and need advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
delta-temp-adjustment-1.jpg

To adjust the temperature of the water coming out of the valve, pull the disc back to a position where it is possible to remove the Rotational Limit Stop and readjust the teeth engagement position to the desired temperature. Clockwise will decrease the outlet temperature, counterclockwise will increase the outlet temperature. Temperature change per tooth (notch) could be 4° - 16°F based on inlet water conditions. Repeat as necessary. Push disc until fully seated.

WARNING: Failure to re-install Disc after setting Rotational Limit Stop could result in scald injury.

IMPORTANT: The Rotational Limit Stop is used to limit the amount of hot water available such that, if set properly, the user will not be scalded if the handle accidentally is rotated all the way to “hot” when a person is showering or filling a tub. The first position allows the LEAST amount of hot water to mix with the cold water in the system. In the first position the water will be the coldest possible when the handle is turned all the way to hot. As you move the Rotational Limit Stop counterclockwise, you progressively add more and more hot water in the mix. The last position to the left will result in the greatest amount of hot water to the mix, and the greatest risk of scald injury if someone accidentally turns the valve handle all the way to the hot side while showering or filling a tub.

WARNING: In some instances, setting the Rotational Limit Stop in the hottest position (full counterclockwise) could result in scald injury. It is necessary to adjust the Rotational Limit Stop so that the water coming out of the valve will not scald the user when the handle of the valve is rotated to the hot side.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Do you have both a shower head and a hand held?

delta_r11000.jpg

This is how the rough looks before the diverter cartridge is installed. One pipe up to the diverter and up to three out. You can get a 3-way or a 6-way depending on how you want it diverting.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks