Delta shower rough in with PEX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill Daub

Reaction score
I’m connecting 1/2” Uponor PEX to a Delta Rough In Valve which has Crimp fittings (long story, I’m stuck with them). My two options are:
1) use 90 degree PEX bends and crimp the PEX A to the valve
2) get a short section of PEX B which is crimped to the valve and use a shark bite 90 to connect the PEX A to the PEX B

One option has a contentious connection by crimping PEX A. The other triples the connections behind the wall. Would appreciate your thoughts? Thanks. Bill

Reach4

Reaction score
Crimping PEX-A, using the fittings made for crimp, is fine. So a piece of pex-a could have an F1960 expansion fitting on one end, and a crimp F1807 or F2159 on the other.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is the way a plumber did the shower for a remodel in my home. Both Shark Bite and crimp.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.11.23 PM.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks