Delta Shower faucet wth type is this!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Todd Parker

Reaction score
Need to replace the faucet on shower in a home I just purchased. I have not seen this style of valve and would like to replace with the old porcelain four point style knob. Any idea of the type of valve this is and the type of tool to remove it?

20180918_164938.jpg
20180918_165224.jpg
20180918_165035.jpg
20180918_164852.jpg

Todd Parker

Reaction score

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The stem should lift out now that you have the keeper off. There will be a small rubber seal with a spring behind it.

delta-2600-1.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you just want to replace the handle you do NOT have to take anything apart. Just get a pair of Delta porcelain cross handles, There are 3 different sizes depending on the fixture the valve is attached to.

delta-2600-handles-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd Parker

Reaction score
I replaced the cartridges, and valve extenders, and I am able to turn the shower on by hand easily now even without knobs. I tried installing Delta knobs and found the the cold valve sticks out about 5/16ths farther than the hot. I have not been able to find a set of escutcheons that will rectify this difference. Is a set of escutcheon the only way to fix the uneven lengths?
20180920_194118.jpg

Todd Parker

Reaction score
There is NO WAY to fix unequal lengths, unless the valve is not secured in the wall, because that is determined by the position of the valve body.
So what I take away from your reply is there's not much I can do to cover up this discrepancy.....

Reach4

Reaction score
So what I take away from your reply is there's not much I can do to cover up this discrepancy.....
Is the other side of wall a linen closet? If so, there may already be an access panel. If not, you could add one.

From that side you might find a way to tweak the positions.

Todd Parker

Reaction score
Is the other side of wall a linen closet? If so, there may already be an access panel. If not, you could add one.

From that side you might find a way to tweak the positions.
I wish it was, unfortunately the other shower is opposite the one in question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks