Delta shower faucet not getting "hot".

Users who are viewing this thread

Klint Impson

Reaction score
Hello. I have recently installed a Delta R22000 Multichoice Faucet with a RP46463 multichoice 17 series cartridge which is routed to two shower heads in a walk in shower. I am having a problem with water coming out of the shower heads not getting hot. For starters, yes I have adjusted and double checked the temperature control stop on the cartridge and confirmed that it is allowing the temperature control knob on the trim kit to turn as far to the hot side as possible, but even with this, the water out of the shower is only mildly comfortable. Every other faucet in the house will get hot. For testing, I adjusted my hot water from 120° up to 135° and although this helps the offending faucet a bit, it creates a situation of having scalding water at every other faucet which I do not like. I am now of the belief that something is wrong with my RP46463 cartridge. Is this possible? Could there be something inside this cartridge that is hung or broke that keeps mixing the water even though I may be only calling for either all hot or all cold. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to start throwing money at replacement cartridges if this isn't even a plausible scenario.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF you need a new cartridge, and I doubt it very much, call 1-800-345-DELT and they will send you a replacement. A qualified service person may have to be on-site in order to diagnose your problem, since it could be a piping issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks