Delta, Replacing shower kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel Kooc

Reaction score
Does anyone know what model manufacturer is this? I want to replace but dont know which one this is. I'm DIY so I dont want to replace the whole thing.

Attachments

• 20200225_075732.jpg
    20200225_075732.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 138
  • 20200225_075746.jpg
    20200225_075746.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 150

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I can't tell, maybe one of the pros can, but if the existing valve does not have anti-scald technology, and you're remodeling, any decent inspector would require you to replace it with a valve meeting today's requirements. It's safer for everyone, and could come up on any home inspection whenever you decide to sell the house.

Daniel Kooc

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The idea was to keep costs to a minimum so I wanted to buy a new delta trim kit (black) and attach it to this old valve/cartridge.

Can I do that? Or need new valve?

If I need new valve and I'm a noob. Should i try and replace eor convert to pex?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While you can spend lots of money for a new valve, a lot of the cost is in the trim, so replacing the valve entirely, may not be that much more. IF you don't have the tools to do pex, a plumber may be workable. Note, you cannot use pex to the tub spout, so you'd still need to do some soldering.

With some practice, getting the hang of soldering isn't all that hard. Sacrificing a section of pipe and some fittings to practice would probably get you up in an hour or two.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks