Delta, Remove leaking lever bathtub handle

Users who are viewing this thread

brad4000

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for any help. The faucet in my bathtub is leaking, recently getting worse. I've changed out washers on sinks before to stop it, and plan to do the same here. The only problem is I can't see how to remove the handles to get at the cartridge inside. No discernible set screws. No brand name readily visible. I was tempted to just pull on it, but didn't want to create any new problems. I've attached two pictures, one from above and one straight on. Thank for any help or advice!

open

open

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jznpmpIsCU-g14AEDtWimW3WlM6TNlmX
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sQKXrQF0-dJaAZ5ReRWWdeCYllCk2lIo

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The small dome on the outside of the handle probably pops off to expose a screw underneath it. Be careful what you pry with so that you don't scratch the finish. Look carefully from the side, and you'll probably see that it is a separate part. If you know the brand, you may be able to find the manual online which would identify both how it goes together and the required repair parts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is a Delta diverter spout, which means that 90% of the time it would be Delta valve. They use set screws in the side of the handle to secure it.

delta-2600-handles-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks