Delta R2700 Valve - Lukewarm Water From Hot Side

Users who are viewing this thread

WC770

Reaction score
Afternoon and thanks in advance for any help. I have a Peerless Apex Roman Tub faucet set that is paired with a Delta r2700 valve. The hot water only gets lukewarm. Hot water in all other faucets & showers get to the proper temp so there is an issue with this particular unit. I have replaced the cartridge on both the hot and cold sides but it did not help. Is there anything else to look at? Does the center valve (under the spout) have anything to do with mixing? Again, thanks for any help.
Bill

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally a roman tub has a tempering valve located somewhere to prevent scalding. Typically in a sink cabinet.

tempering-valve-tub-terrylove.jpg

WC770

Reaction score
Thanks. Most mixing valves I've seen have such a valve. But I can't find anything on the specs for the Delta r2700 or r2707 valve that shows any such means to control the hot water flow. Unfortunately, the valve is enclosed under the tub with no wall or floor access so I can't actually see it. Given the photos I have seen of the r2700 I had assumed the hot water was tempered by the cartridge in the hot water side. But, changing it out did not make any difference, Nor did changing out the cold water stem. I did not change out the spring and rubber seat. I wonder if that would make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion and help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A valve designed for a shower must have a temperature limiter, but a tub does not. If you only turn the hot water on, you should only be getting hot water. If there's a tempering valve, you'll only get what it is providing. IF everywhere else can get hotter, there's either a cross-over, or the tempering valve is not adjusted well, or needs to be replaced since it has stopped working.

If your vanity faucet or a separate shower are single-handle, if you can shut the cold water off to them, see if your hot at the tub gets hotter...on some single handle cartridges as they age, they can allow a cross-over, and the water will take the path of least resistance. It could be another valve that is worn and needs to be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks