Delta R11000 Diverter not diverting

Users who are viewing this thread

JTucson

Reaction score
I am in the home stretch in setting up a pressure loop, hand held shower head, and above shower head.

The diverter was installed below the valve that turns off the water. I have installed the R11000 rough in upside down since the intake is below (used a tub/shower faucet valve and capped the top). The diagram shows that up is supposed to be up but its installed above the shower valve.

From there I have incoming water that then goes to the three sources. The problem is when I turn on the water it comes out all three. The body jets seem to have the most pressure.

Is there a specific output for the three outgoing lines? Did I put an out as an in? Other than this perplexing situation everything is set up as intended. If anyone sees where i missed a step in my though process let me know. Thanks again!

IMG_3887.JPG

Toronto4Guy

Reaction score
Have you found a solution yet? Usually the R11000 diverter is installed above the tub/shower faucet valve. However, mounting the R11000 upside down to use the larger tub outlet should be fine. I can't tell from your picture but I assume that the UP marking on the R11000 diverter is now point down. The port connecting the R11000 to the tub/shower valve should then be its IN port.
Which cartridge are you using for the R11000 diverter? RP51919 is the 6-Function cartridge (3 sharings). RP71718 is the Non-shared 3 function for 6-setting trim. Does turning the diverter to any of the 6 positions make any difference to the water coming out? May be your diverter cartridge is defective?

Paul-ee

Reaction score
The actual problem is that you used the wrong ports on the transfer/diverter.
In a two function scenario the right port must be capped or plugged and I see in the picture that you haved capped the top port.
I'm a master plumber of many years and we have installed close to a 1000 of these valves.
Good luck

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
r11000-r10000-unwshf-01.jpg

The R10000 supplies water to the diverter, and from there it spreads out.
But until you install the diverter at trim, what you have is wide open. They make a three way and a six way diverter depending on how you want it to function.

delta_r11000.jpg

index.php

r11000-6-way.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks