Delta R10000-UNBXHF CPVC Sizing

Users who are viewing this thread

nyoung

Reaction score
Building 1100sf addition and I need pro advise on a shower mixer, R10000-UNBXHF, and cpvc pipe sizing. I was planning on running 3/4" CPVC into and out of my shower mixer but have now altered and have installed this Delta mixer that only has 1/2" in and out. My supply lines are both 3/4" CPVC. I stepped them down with a metal to CPVC union to 1/2" to supply the both sides of the mixer. Shower head will be overhead 'rain' head.

My question is could I get any more flow by stepping the 1/2" output back to 3/4" CPVC to the shower head? I think since 1/2" is the smallest diameter it may only gain very slightly by stepping up to 3/4" because of the 3/4" Elbow vs a 1/2" Elbow.
Maybe 2 45s in 1/2" would get about the same?

Or am I wasting my time altogether trying to step up or use 2 1/2" 45s?

Supply lines are 3/4" from main cold and 3/4" to water heater.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks! Neal

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You are limited by the size of the openings in the shower valve, and ALL of them are mush smaller than 1/2" CPVC, and it does no good to increase the pipe size after the valve.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

nyoung

Reaction score
Thats what I needed, not what I wanted to hear but it is what it is. Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks