Delta R10000 rough in question

Users who are viewing this thread

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
As the title states I'm roughing in a Delta R10000 valve with the dryden thermostatic valve and trim. I'm putting it in the opposing wall from the shower head. The supplies are in but I have a question about the positioning of the valve. I've heard that the tub outlet provides more flow and in shower only applications, you should turn the valve upside down and use the tub outlet for the shower head. Then just install the cartridge backwards to make the positioning right again.

Is there any truth to this or should I just rough it in like usual and cap the tub outlet? And as for that, should I just cap it or put a drop leg in and then cap it?

delta-lahara-08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
The pressure balance Delta faucets that I used to install came with a plug
to cap the tub spout,for shower only.They could be used as tub & sower,tub only or shower only.Install the faucet with tub spout down. and cap it off.Hope this helps.

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I thought. I'll keep the brass cap I have on it there. Is there any truth to the tub outlet having more flow? I suppose it doesn't matter with the flow restrictor in the showerhead anyway, I'm just curious.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks