Delta, Please help identify

Users who are viewing this thread

Jlykken

Reaction score
Hello All,
Please help identify the valves and how the handle is removed. The valves on my late 80's bath tub and shower are failing. Majority of the fixtures are Kohler, but some are Grohe and Westco. Not sure what the handle and valves are??? I broke two of the handle attachments try to remove them. I've scoured your forums and the Web and have found nothing.
Looking for advice on how to remove knobs and what replacement valves are needed.
Thanks,
JL

IMG_5391.JPG
IMG_5392.JPG
IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5395.JPG
IMG_5396.JPG

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The deck mounted tub valve cartridge with the white stops is Delta. But, I don't recognize the handle as such.
The shower: You'd have to pull the cartridge after turning the water supply off.
Looks like a push-on handle style, ie, brute-force.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had the same thought based on the valve stem, but the handle was a mystery.

Jlykken

Reaction score
Hello All,
Please help identify the valves and how the handle is removed. The valves on my late 80's bath tub and shower are failing. Majority of the fixtures are Kohler, but some are Grohe and Westco. Not sure what the handle and valves are??? I broke two of the handle attachments try to remove them. I've scoured your forums and the Web and have found nothing.
Looking for advice on how to remove knobs and what replacement valves are needed.
Thanks,
JL

View attachment 87363View attachment 87364View attachment 87365View attachment 87366View attachment 87367
I had the same thought based on the valve stem, but the handle was a mystery.
Tuttles,
Thanks you. The Delta valves were easy to fid and install once Breplum and yourself derived the brand. And yes these handles have been a PITA the only way I can get them off causes them to break. Guess I'll be buying new handles.... No biggie.
Cheers,
JL

Jlykken

Reaction score
The deck mounted tub valve cartridge with the white stops is Delta. But, I don't recognize the handle as such.
The shower: You'd have to pull the cartridge after turning the water supply off.
Looks like a push-on handle style, ie, brute-force.
Breplum,
Thank you. You saved me. I've spent entirely too many trips and too much time at the box stores only to get nowhere. The handles are horrible designed. I lucked out the valves in the shower are the same Delta valves as the bath tub with a 2"extension.
Thank you,
JL

Jlykken

Reaction score
So the saga continues...
After visiting a plumbing supply store and scouring the Web I'm having a terrible time trying to identify what stem extensions these are?? The valves are Delta RP1740) The tip is broken off the extension in these images as the handles are very difficult to remove w/o breaking. Any help would be truly appreciated. I can't get my last image to upload, but the extension body is 1 7/8" in length.
Thanks,
JL

Attachments

• IMG_5395 2.JPG
    IMG_5395 2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5404.JPG
    IMG_5404.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 77

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had an issue with a delta valve and ended up calling delta who was able to tell me all the parts I needed to repair an old shower valve and install new trim.

Jlykken

Reaction score
Tuttles,
Thanks again. I tried emailing Delta and they punted. I’ll try calling them and see if I get a better result.
Cheers,
JL

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tuttles,
Thanks again. I tried emailing Delta and they punted. I’ll try calling them and see if I get a better result.
Cheers,
JL
A phone call is your likely best bet. Emails are probably read by outside contractors. I bet they're east coast time, so I would call at their 10am time to get someone who is properly caffeinated and not in a hurry to get to lunch quite yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks