Delta Pierce Sink faucet mounting bracket

Users who are viewing this thread

steelersfan32123

Reaction score
Hi all! I am a relatively new DIYer looking to install a new faucet in my bathroom. I removed the old faucet, installed the new handles, and was going to install the faucet head itself when I discovered that the three holes drilled into the porcelain are too narrow to accommodate the mounting bracket on the underside of the sink.

I know I could disassemble, return, and install a centerset vs. widespread faucet, but would prefer to find a workaround (even if suboptimal if possible). I've attached pictures for reference. Note that the final is with the faucet dry fit for reference.

Also, here is the faucet itself if more detail needed: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-P...potShield-Brushed-Nickel-35899LF-SP/312734946

Thanks for your help!

IMG-3586.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3583.jpg
    IMG-3583.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG-3584.jpg
    IMG-3584.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG-3585.jpg
    IMG-3585.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG-3588.jpg
    IMG-3588.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 162

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
It won't work. You bought an 8" spread faucet, you need a 4" spread faucet. 8" for a kitchen sink, 4" for a bathroom vanity.

delta-pierce-both.jpg

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take it out, clean it up and repackage it. They will let you exchange it. it should be a 1 piece, 4" centers vanity faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks