Delta kitchen faucet sprayer diverter clip - need tips please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon Green

Reaction score
sprayer original.jpg faucet.jpg new hose connection with clip removed.jpg original hose connection with clip in place.jpg
I have a Delta kitchen faucet. The model number is 400-DST-L (Delta Classic Chrome)

The sprayer hose wore out at the sprayer end.

I got a new sprayer assembly directly from Delta:
IRP60097: Diamond Seal Technology Vegetable Spray.

The male connector end of the sprayer appears to fit the existing diverter housing, but I was unable to install the sprayer correctly. I disconnected the old one, mounted the new one
on the sink, and followed the directions to insert the hose end connector into
the diverter housing. After I reattached the blue clip and turned the water
on, the water pressure caused the hose to pop out of the housing. I tried
repeatedly to reconnect it, but it wouldn't hold under pressure, even with the
clip in place. It did not appear that there was anything structurally capable
of keeping the two parts together under pressure, including the blue clip. On
my last attempt, the blue clip snapped in two.

I just got a new blue clip from Delta, but I would like some pointers on what to look for as I'm clipping it on. It needs to engage and keep the two parts together under pressure.
Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:

Jon Green

Reaction score
You may have the wrong hose for your faucet.

Thanks for your response HJ!

Delta tells me that my faucet is model 400-DST.
The sprayer I received is RP60097.

Does your experience tell you that this sprayer and faucet may not match up?

In an email today, Delta implies that these two go together, and I've asked them to confirm that. If they do, then I'll compare connectors tonight and and try the blue clip they sent me, and take more photos if the assembly doesn't mate.

Thanks again,
Jon

Jon Green

Reaction score
Take the money you save from the free Delta parts and buy your momma some cream rinse.
Thanks for your response HJ!

Delta tells me that my faucet is model 400-DST.
The sprayer I received is RP60097.

Does your experience tell you that this sprayer and faucet may not match up?

In an email today, Delta implies that these two go together, and I've asked them to confirm that. If they do, then I'll compare connectors tonight and and try the blue clip they sent me, and take more photos if the assembly doesn't mate.

Thanks again,
Jon

It's a long shot, but if anyone has any tips on correctly attaching that blue plastic clip (assuming I have the right parts) I would like to hear them. Otherwise, thanks for listening.

Jon Green

Reaction score
Got it. They had sent me the correct hose. I finally realized how the blue clip holds the connector together. It snaps in flush with the housing, and the connector can't move because of a thin plastic lip that rests against the clip. The clip must be flush, snapped into place.

MJKinNC

Reaction score
Got it. They had sent me the correct hose. I finally realized how the blue clip holds the connector together. It snaps in flush with the housing, and the connector can't move because of a thin plastic lip that rests against the clip. The clip must be flush, snapped into place.

MJKinNC

Reaction score
The blue clip does not just snap on over the outside of connector body. The thin vertical ends of the clip must be inserted into the connector body before the clip can be effectively pushed into place. This can be a challenge in the small working space under a kitchen sink but I was able to do it. I made the mistake of simply pushing the blue clip over the connector body and the connection blew apart as soon as I turned the water on. This is not described in the sprayer installation instructions. In the future, only pull the blue clip out far enough to remove sprayer nipple from the connector body. It’s not necessary to completely remove blue clip from the connector although that’s probably the first thing that most of us do.

Edom31

Reaction score
The blue clip does not just snap on over the outside of connector body. The thin vertical ends of the clip must be inserted into the connector body before the clip can be effectively pushed into place. This can be a challenge in the small working space under a kitchen sink but I was able to do it. I made the mistake of simply pushing the blue clip over the connector body and the connection blew apart as soon as I turned the water on. This is not described in the sprayer installation instructions. In the future, only pull the blue clip out far enough to remove sprayer nipple from the connector body. It’s not necessary to completely remove blue clip from the connector although that’s probably the first thing that most of us do.
I stumbled onto this thread, as I have a similar Delta Side Sprayer that needs a new hose.

I registered to the forum just to thank you...

Ended up buying a new sprayer, because the quick connect insanity is not easily available.

I got stuck as the blue clip did not hold the quick connect in place, not even with duct tape. I was at a lost.

If it was not for your comment above, I'd called someone or something!!! that blue clip is a nightmare, I fully pulled it out when uninstalling and then when install simply added it at the end... Of course it did not hold, as you mention, the 4 "teeth" (2 on either side) must be attached firstly to the diverter body, to then add the new hose quickconnect and finnally pressing the clip into place.

One million thanks, kind stranger. If ever in the South Bronx or Western Long Island, I will buy you a beer!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks