Delta Freestanding Tub Filler Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard Schrodeer

Reaction score
We recently remodeled our bathroom and decided to install a Delta Freestanding tub filler, wanting to make sure it was installed correctly we hired a plumber. At the time the floor had been ripped out, since then we installed cement backer board and tile. When we went to finish the installation of the tub filler we realized that the plumber did not insert the screws that attach the filler in the mounting bracket. Is it possible to attach the screws from the top down or will that compromise the stability of the filler too much. We had also considered opening the ceiling from below and trying to install them that way. What would the best solution be for this issue?

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it should be apparant what needs done, not rocket science . without really diving into research it sounds like you failed to install something befor tile so correct way might require removing tile. cant / wont your plumber walk you through and explain it? dont know how the job is being run but if I screw up I am responceable . If I dont screw up it isnt my problem. someone needs to be able to unravel this, or maybe the screwes arent needed and no big deal.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are 4 mounting bolts needed to hold the faucet to the rough in valve. Those should have been installed at rough in if they weren't already installed at factory. If they arent in place they can be done from the top.

If the rough in body wasn't screwed to the floor you may need to work from both sides to fix it depending on what you need to do. If the wood backing/blocking/support is already in place you will need to add screws from atop to secure it. You will also want to make sure its level and shim as needed. If you need to add the support then likely you will need to do that from below.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks