Delta Faucet Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Dwiezal

Reaction score
I have been attempting to repair a leaky Delta Classic batroom tub faucet. This WE I replaced both the springs and rubber bushings, then, when the drip did not stop, I replaced the valves (Delta Type C) themselves. The leak is now worse. What alternative repairs are there?

Jb

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You will find a master repair kit with with everything in it. Get that and get the Delta brand, not an off brand. That should take care of it as long as it is the same as the original.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Is this a two handle or a one handle faucet. I'm guessing that you replaces "stems" and that's good. There are two sets of springs and washers that come in kits. Some kits have one kind or the other, and there not interchangeable. Some kits have both kinds....Buy the kit marked with the Delta logo and not an off brand.

Also try rolling up a piece of emery cloth and sand the hole that the washer and spring fit into before reassembly.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Deltas are not usually troublesome like this. If the faucet is pre-1972 it uses the longer cylindrical spring, and post72 uses the short tapered spring. I sometimes carefully stretch the spring just slightly.

Dwiezal

Reaction score
Thank you, I'm not sure it was a Delta brand replacement part, I'll have to check. I also believe it was almost certainly a pre-1972 spring, so I'll have to look for the earlier set.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks