Delta Faucet cartridge won't go back in

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Shivam, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Shivam

Shivam New Member

Hello,
    I had a leak in the shower faucet, so I took the cartridge out, replaced the rubber and springs and now trying to put it back.
    But it won't fit back. I have twisted and pushed with enough force, but it just won't go in all the way.
    It was a little hard to take it out as well, but I didn't think it would be this hard to put it back.

Any idea? see pictures

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      130.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpeg
      4.jpeg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Sometimes plumbers grease on the O-rings and cleaning out the holes at the back. Be careful though that you don't damage the brass body.

[​IMG]

blue_bleeder and breplum like this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

blue_bleeder and breplum like this.