Delta Faucet cartridge won't go back in

Users who are viewing this thread

Shivam

Reaction score
Hello,
I had a leak in the shower faucet, so I took the cartridge out, replaced the rubber and springs and now trying to put it back.
But it won't fit back. I have twisted and pushed with enough force, but it just won't go in all the way.
It was a little hard to take it out as well, but I didn't think it would be this hard to put it back.

Any idea? see pictures

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg

SPSosa929

Reaction score
I have encountered same problem. I bought a replacement RP 46074 but it will not seat all the way even after using grease. I cleaned out the brass housing and still wouldn't seat all the way. Any recommendations?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had that happen, but once well-greased up with plumber's silicone grease, it went in.

JCL

Reaction score

JCL

Reaction score
Hello, I am having the very same issue with the very same cartridge and I wonder if you managed to solve your issue and if yes, how do you did it ?
Thanks for your help

Aimee

Reaction score
Hello, I am having the very same issue with the very same cartridge and I wonder if you managed to solve your issue and if yes, how do you did it ?
Thanks for your help
Hi JCL —- next unlucky one to be standing here with the same issue. Did it work to just add more plumbers grease? It seems like there is a bit of a threaded lip that it needs to twist into a bit. Tapped lightly and that doesn’t work. Any luck you could share?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks