Delta Compel tub spout, 1-3/8" thread RP73372

Users who are viewing this thread

Constance Lai

Reaction score
IMG_3434.jpg

I have tub spout that I cannot identify. See attached photos.
The plastic insert in the spout has a female thread that is approximately 1-1/4" to 1-3/8" in diameter.
Since I would like to replace it without taking the assembly off, any suggestions would greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3438.jpg
    IMG_3438.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 579
Last edited by a moderator:

Constance Lai

Reaction score
OK. Thanks! I can't find a replacement spout on the Delta website because they all seem to have the 1/2" thread. I also tried to submit a question via their "Contact Us" page but the "submit" button doesn't work. Do you think I will be able to remove the adapter (by heating up the solder) and just use a slip-on type spout?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Call Delta on Monday. I agree, they don't make it easy to find spouts that use that adapter, but they do list over 1000 spouts if you search for tub spout...or, stop at a plumbing supply house...they'll have some that will fit. If anything, you might want to consider putting a new O-ring on the old adapter, but that should make it work like new. To remove it, you'd need to unsolder it...then, clean the pipe up well to get a good seal for a push-on spout. More work than necessary. FWIW, Delta makes some that are both plastic and metal. They both work but the metal ones cost more.

Here's one Delta spout that will just screw onto that adapter https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts-product-detail?modelNumber=RP17454

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have reason to think that your spout was a Delta?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sure looks like one of the Delta adapters. It would be fairly easy to determine if you take the old spout to a supply house and see if it screws onto one of the Delta adapters there.

Reach4

Reaction score
It sure looks like one of the Delta adapters. It would be fairly easy to determine if you take the old spout to a supply house and see if it screws onto one of the Delta adapters there.
It looked to me as if the IMG_3437.jpg showed a second o-ring near the wall, where the Delta adapter has one o-ring.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't see anything in the spec sheet that says it doesn't use the adapter. I bet coffee it will spin right on, or that any of the other spouts that take the adapter will also spin on. I typically rob the rubber O-Ring from the new adapter if I'm reusing the old adapter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks