Delta cartridge call back

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Had a call on a drippy Delta shower faucet last week. Replaced the cartridge. Customer called next day and the faucet is still dripping. Going back in the morning with zero ammunition. It's the faucet with the coaxial temperature handle on top of the regular handle. The Delta part I installed is a RP32104. Advice welcome. Thanks. Looking like a 1700 series.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
None of the O rings, seats and springs missing? Are they all new?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Could be a build up of mineral deposits that you need to clean out of the valve. Everything needs to be smooth and flat so the seats and rings seal properly. One time I got a bad batch of the little rubber seats. They were dry rotted or something. .... Good luck with it!

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, as it turned out, the lady of the house doesn't spend that much time down in the deep dark bowels of the basement where the alleged drip was happening. Shower has one of those big honkin showerheads that holds a ton of water after the faucet is turned off. Went back today and the shower floor was as dry as a popcorn fart. Quite a relief for me cause I didn't have much of a plan B.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A tub/shower combination will drip for 35 minutes after the water has been turned off. I can see how a large shower head would drip for a while too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks