Delta b114900c mixing valve leaking into wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Gtomike06

Reaction score
Bought a little cabin the previous owner built himself and been fixing stuff he didn't get right. I noticed when my wife showered a drip coming from under the shower. Investigated thinking he didn't get the pex crimped but its actually leaking from the mixing valve. It only leaks when the water is on. I tool it apart thinking I could try and tighten on the cartridge some like I have on previous mixing valve to see if it would seat it better and stop the leak but I can't figure out what to tighten where. Searched but can only find people with leaking faucets not the actual mixing valve itself. The water it spraying out from under the chrome cover over the cartridge back into the wall. I didn't wanna start jacking with it and mess it up worse. Any help is appreciated.

20210712_195400.jpg

Gtomike06

Reaction score
Yea that might be what I have to do. I had a delta valve on another faucet that leaked and it had a nut in front of it and a couple turns seated the o rings to stop leaking but I couldn't figure out is this had something like that as well. Whats strange to me is it only leaks with the water on. Id figure if the whole cartridge wasn't sealed it would leak all the time. Appreciate the reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks