Delta 1755SS Shower/Tub Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

rcrowley

Reaction score
Have an issue that I have spent over 4 calls and 3+ hours with the Delta Customer "No-Service" line on. I bought a brand new Delta 1755SS shower/tub single handled assembly as we are completely remodeling our bathroom. Paid good $$$ for the unit as it came recommended by a plumber. Anyhow here is the situation. I used to have a dual handled system (separate hot/cold handles) and had a plumber come out and rerun the pipes so that this single handled model could be installed. When the unit is in the off position the handle rests at the 5 o'clock position. As you turn the handle counter-clockwise you have to turn it all the way to 2 o'clock before any water starts to come out. Unfortunately the handle only turns to 1 o'clock before you reach the end of it's movement. What this means is I get very little to no variation in water temp due to the limited amount of play I have between when the water starts to come out and when the handle reaches it's limit. No one at Delta has a clue what the problem could be. They thought it may be the cartridge assembly in the faucet and sent me two new ones now, on top of the original that came with the unit, and all 3 did the same thing. They are now supposively going to get with their engineers, but that was two days ago and still no word. They say that water should be coming out by 4 o'clock, no later than possibly 3 o'clock. Any idea what could be causeing the issue of water not coming out of the spout from the time I turn the handle from 5 o'clock all the way to 2 o'clock? For the record - my old two handled unit worked without an issue. There is cold and hot water in the pipes at the faucet and never have had any issues with pressure or anything else. If I remove the cartridge from the faucet water comes right out so it is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my nerves are shot with Delta and the people they employ at their help desk number.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CHeck out the instructions for a temperature limiting setting. This is supposed to be set after installation to limit how hot the water can get and will limit how far you can turn the handle.

On a pressure balance valve (which I think is what you have), the volume basically is fairly constant, you can change the hot/cold mix, but if the limiter is not set, you can't get it to add much hot at the default setting.

I'm not familiar with that specific valve, so don't have any specific help.

gtrjunkie

Reaction score
The first thing I thought of, and it's probably a long shot, but are you sure you have the cold water on to the valve? When you first start turning the handle it is cold till you get up around 2 o'clock then the hot water would start mixing in.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Without cold water the pressure balancer would shut off the hot water also. It sounds more like the temperature limiting cam is not adjusted far enough in the counter clockwise direction. On the 1755 it is under the small upper temperature lever. And on that valve the big handle only controls volume, not temperature.

Last edited:

Dan Pick

Reaction score
Limit Stop

HJ is correct. Read the installation instructions and re-set the "High Temperature Limit Stop". This mechanical limiter keeps this valve and the user seeing the full hot water temperature coming from the hot water heater.

This is an easy fix......

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks