Delta 17 series low flow tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Hello,

I installed a Delta 17 series cartridge for new bathroom remodel but the flow rate seems low.

I tested using a 5 gallon bucket. Bathroom on second floor. 60PSI at entry to house.

Test cap hot&cold on= 7.5gpm
Test cap hot only =4.35gpm
Test cap cold only= 4.8gpm

Cartridge installed=4.0gpm
New(2nd) cartridge= 4.0gpm

Does this seem normal? 3.5gpm drop with cartridge installed?

20150521_185152.jpg

20150602_131925.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Probably, but even that is more than a shower head is allowed to flow. Even that flow, however, will probably cause a problem because of the PEX between the valve and the diverter spout.

Last edited:

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
hj, that is Copper between valve and spout. Im getting 7.5gpm out the tub without cartridge. And 4gpm with cartridge. I had read 17 series cartridge was rate for 6.98gpm for tub.

Delta wasnt really helpful, he said it might be cause I used a brass drop ear on tub and I might have flow out showerhead cause of that. But I dont. And I swear I read on here a drop elbow for tub spout was fine

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1/2" copper with drop ear is fine. There is no reduction with that.
I normall see the highest flow from the tub spout on the center mix of hot and cold.
All cold or all hot never puts out as much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks