Delay in toilet tank re-fill

Users who are viewing this thread

mkl2209

Reaction score
After flushing, my toilet tank won't start to re-fill for a minute or two (sometimes longer), then it will smoothly and completely re-fill. I replaced the old ball cock assembly with a Korky fill valve, but the problem continues. All other toilets in the house work fine. Suggestions, please? Thank you!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Is the supply tube a flex connector? I have seen them kink inside at a sharp turn and take a while for the water pressure to reopen the kink.

D

dc_homeplumber

Since replacing the fill valve didn't fix it, it sounds like either an obstruction in the supply line or an issue with the supply valve itself. I would replace the supply line first, and make sure no sediment, etc., from the water supply has moved up into the fill valve.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Try replacing the shutoff valve and supply line. Use a braded stainless supply line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks