deep well questions

Users who are viewing this thread

magnumpi

Reaction score
After fighting my shallow well, I've decided you guys were right and I need to get a deep well drilled. The 1st contractor I met priced it at ~$11K for a 300' well. While I know prices vary, I wondered if some of you could give me advice on what I need to be sure of when choosing a drilling service.

For example: what material to use for the casing, material and depth of the screen, depth of grout, size and manufacturer of pump, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You can't get into what pump (it should have Franklin motor though) until you have the well and static water depths, and know your peak demand requirement.

If it were my well, it would have 6" steel 1/4" wall at least casing (for my 4" submersible pump) and more water storage than smaller ID casing and ease of getting the pump out when needed. IMO steel is much stronger than PVC.

Pricing... maybe at least saying what state you're in would help... see the current thread about pricing a well. But the only way to compare accurately is to get multiple local area quotes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks