Deep Well Convertible Jet Pump. Where to install ejector?

Users who are viewing this thread

James Greene

Reaction score
So I'm a woodworker but also stray into many other areas when I have to. I'm going to be installing a deep well convertible jet pump into my shop which has a 70 foot well. After looking at various diagrams I'm a bit confused on how I should set this up.

In this picture the ejector is installed directly on the pump.
ConvertibleWithJetAdapter.jpg

But this diagram shows the ejector down at the bottom of the well with a send and return line.
JetPump2Line010DFs.jpg

So which is it? Is there a specific situation for each setup?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
In this picture the ejector is installed directly on the pump.
That picture is a shallow well implementation good for when the water is within around 20 feet from the surface. If the water level is lower than 20 feet, then convert the pump to deep well operation by using two pipes and placing the jet down in the well.

Why not just go with a submersible? They are far more efficient and can produce more pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks