Deep Cast Iron Freestanding Soaker Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Adawgie88

Reaction score
We are gearing up for a new build. One of the million decisions we have to make is for the tub. We will have a nice, very large master bath and I'm a big dude (6'4", 260) so we were looking for a big, deep cast iron freestanding soaker tub. The Mrs. does not life clawfoots, so that's out. I've looked high and low and the deepest I can find to overflow is 15". That seems shallow to me. Am I being silly?

There are a lot of acrylics out there that are 17-18" deep to the overflow, but man, I'd just prefer cast. So much more sturdy.

Any freestanding iron tub models come to mind?

Appreciate y'all.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It's the weight of the iron that keeps then on the short side and being able to man handle it into position with three walls. A standard 5' tub is ~350 lbs. You'll need a lot of room and a floor that can support the weight, 50 gallons of water and a person (or two).
  • 71" Dimensions: 70-3/4" L x 31-1/4" W (front to back) x 27" H (± 1/2"). Water capacity to overflow: 53 gallons. Weight uncrated/crated: 575/685 lbs.
You're at about 1,000 lbs in use but the spec reads 13.75" to overflow? Go figure?
https://www.signaturehardware.com/71-frayser-cast-iron-double-slipper-pedestal-tub.html

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks