Dedicated drain/trap for dishwasher 7/8” adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am replacing a sink base and sink and ran across this dedicated third trap and drain for the 7/8” line coming from the air gap. The copper trap is showing signs of leaking and I want to replace it but have not been successful finding a replacement adapter for 7/8” or even the 1-1/2” to 3/4” that it appears is installed here. Thoughts on best course of action?

Attachments

• D53A5A98-4EFC-4C96-B157-8D711292D216.jpeg
    D53A5A98-4EFC-4C96-B157-8D711292D216.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 158

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not seen it done that way before. Normally and air gap is on the kitchen sink or countertop and connects with 7/8" hose that will fit over 3/4" copper (7/8 OD)

I have seen the individual trap for that.

Reaction score
I have not seen it done that way before. Normally and air gap is on the kitchen sink or countertop and connects with 7/8" hose that will fit over 3/4" copper (7/8 OD)

I have seen the individual trap for that.
Thanks Terry, I think I mislead you. The sink is removed and normally the air gap is on the sink rim. If I understand what you’re saying...reconstruct the 1-1/2” to 3/4” transition and run the hose from air gap to the dedicated trap. I will find a source for the transition.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks