Dealing with Iron and Arsenic

Users who are viewing this thread

Chucky5150

Reaction score
Just got my Arsenic Speciation Water Test results. This has been a process, but trying to get it right.

Info:
4 Adult (1 or 2 might be moving out soonish)
1.5 bath house.
Water flow 10.2 gpm
Private well
South Louisiana

Red Flags:
Aresenic 0.051ppm
-Arsenate 0.033ppm
-Aresenite 0.019ppm
Iron 4.51ppm
Maganese 0.319ppm
Hardness 193ppm (0.8ppm after softener)

Filteratration:
Fleck 5600 for the softener
30ish year old Culligan AIO (need to replace, Thoughts? H2O2?)
US Water Systems 5 Stage RO (I added a remineralising filter to this) Drinking water @ kitchen

So, trying to figure our the best way of dealing with this. So here's what I've picked up from my research.
Oxidizing the arsenic 3 to arsenic 5 would allow the RO to filter the arsenic out of the drinking water, right?

Would changing the antique AIO iron filter to a H2O2 style oxidize the arsenic 3 as well?

I've read that some media will remove iron and arsenic, how well would that work in this set up?

thoughts or comments?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Water Report - Aresenic.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Water Report - Kitchen Sink.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Water Report - Water Source.pdf
    203.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
With that much iron, an iron filter may well take out the arsenic too. I could find a reference to that on the Katalox Light literature.

I don't know how the H2O2 would do. How much backwash gpm do you have available? a 10 inch diameter KL tank would want about 8 gpm.

30ish year old Culligan AIO . Wow. I wonder how a media replacement would do. I am not a pro.

Chucky5150

Reaction score
With that much iron, an iron filter may well take out the arsenic too. I could find a reference to that on the Katalox Light literature.
Current iron filter doesn't do anything to the arsenic. I'll get the GPM this afternoon.
As far as the Culligan unit, it's pretty much pissing water past the drain valve none stop (I've posted to the site before about it). It's all proprietary hardware and I'm not a big fan of that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks