Deadlegs acceptable in residential water systems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotbacon

Reaction score
In my career, I have walked down a few pharmaceutical water systems and one of the requirements is that there are NO deadlegs whatsoever...since they could foster the growth of biofilm due to getting no/limited flow. What are the requirements/recommendations for residential potable water systems as far as dead legs are concerned.

I'm getting ready to move my water heater, and will be doing (somewhat) minor piping changes to accomodate the move. One modification would be cutting the piping on one horizontal side of a tee, and then either capping this off or removing the tee and installing an elbow. The cap would be much easier, but it will leave a small deadleg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks