Dead End Copper Caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never chlorinated a single home water system or heard of it around here but got me thinking it wouldnt be a bad idea . I definately want to look into it on my RV

GL77

Reaction score
Thought you might want to see the water I flushed out of that line that runs to my refrigerator location. The first bucket was full of sediment and pretty gross. By the 4th bucket it was clear.
4th bucket.jpg

Attachments

• 1st bucket.jpg
    1st bucket.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 53

GL77

Reaction score
4 buckets of dirty water over a couple inches of dead run?
No, sorry, I had piggybacked off this post because I was curious about dead legs, too. I have a line that tees off the cold water to the kitchen sink under the house and travels about 10' to the refrigerator location for icemaker/water hookup. I never use the icemaker or water in the fridge so I shut that water supply off years ago and I started to wonder about the water sitting in that line when I was reading about dead legs. Reach4 suggested to flush that line out so I did.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
No, sorry, I had piggybacked off this post because I was curious about dead legs, too. I have a line that tees off the cold water to the kitchen sink under the house and travels about 10' to the refrigerator location for icemaker/water hookup. I never use the icemaker or water in the fridge so I shut that water supply off years ago and I started to wonder about the water sitting in that line when I was reading about dead legs. Reach4 suggested to flush that line out so I did.
Got it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks