Dead End a health hazard ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Powerless

Reaction score
Heya

Should this be considered a health hazard ?, I was reading that dead ends are not safe for potable water.

There is bypass there with a valve.. will the water go stagnant in there ... and when filter will be put to bypass the bad water will flow home ?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I visited Mexico.
At the hotel (5 star Hotel Presidente) I asked for "mineral water" (agua mineral).
The front desk sent me 2 bottles of "mineral water" - with open caps. 100% tap water.
I sent them back, asking for water bottles with undisturbed caps.
The front desk complied.

Now to your picture: the bypass water is not filtered - don't drink it and don't mix it with filtered water.

If you were born in Mexico, disregard my answer.

Powerless

Reaction score
No plans to drink it ...but I'm trying to avoid anything growing there as water will not be exchanged in bypass ?

Or pressure will pull it out and replace as it's flowing

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
You want the by-pass so you can continue to flow water into the house is there a problem (clog) in one of the filters. This is good to have to flush toilets and such while your fixing/replacing the clogged filters, but not intended for you to drink (if your water is unsafe to drink when unfiltered).
I would not worry about stagnant water in the bypass line, but if you are concerned, you could open the bypass periodically to flush the line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks