Daytona Race should be on FOX tonight after rain delay

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The Daytona 500 Race will be running tonight at 6:00 pm central.

It sucks that it was rained out, but it should be on FOX tonight.

Enjoy it with Pop Corn, and a 12 Pack...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just following orders. I had to go out and buy a twelve pack. Are you sure I will be able to last a entire race if I drink all of this?

Cookie

Reaction score
P&G’s Tide helps save Daytona 500
02/28/12 at 10:46pm Written by kkelly

Tony Morgan was watching the Daytona 500 on Monday when Juan Pablo Montoya’s car slammed into a jet dryer, sparking a massive fire while the race was already under caution.

Morgan is Kentucky Speedway’s manager of fire and safety and empathized with those who responded to the dangerous incident at Daytona International Speedway.

“From what I saw, I think they did a great job,†Morgan said. “To the everyday guy watching it might have seemed like it took a little long. But that was something unexpected and they had to call in all the resources before they could make a real good progressive attack on that fire.â€

Montoya and the driver of the jet dryer truck escaped serious injury. But the bizarre incident stopped Monday’s race for two hours with 40 laps remaining as crews worked to clean up the mess and repair the track.

Part of the process involved spreading boxes of Tide laundry detergent on the track surface, scrubbing it and then hosing it clean. On Tuesday, Procter & Gamble’s Tide Facebook page was buzzing over the detergent’s role in saving the race.

“Tide consumers associate Tide with great cleaning power – be it oil, grease or dirt. We are obviously happy it could also help at the racetrack,†Procter & Gamble spokeswoman Petra Stovickova said. “And actually I don’t think we’ve been aware that Tide is being used in such situations, but it’s great news for us.â€

Morgan said Kentucky Speedway uses Tide – and only Tide - to clean up spilled fluids.

“They were putting it on in powdered form (at Daytona). I’ve done that but with the winds and such on the track, we found it best to make a slurry where we’ll mix maybe a half a pound or pound of Tide to a five-gallon bucket of water,†Morgan said. “We’ll pour it on the track where the car’s wrecked and it’s dropped oil or transmission fluid on the track that will clean that up out of the track. Like washing your clothes, it’ll get down between the cracks and crevices and helps that oil and stuff out that they just put down. We’ll broom it in and then we’ll rinse it off. Very similar to what they did last night.â€

Morgan said Kentucky Speeedway’s fire and safety team has a three-day training session planned in May at the Gallatin County track. NASCAR also offers a certification program each year in Charlotte, N.C., he said.

“I’m sure this will develop a lot of training, and some different procedures,†Morgan said. “In the back of my mind I’ve sort of been evaluating our procedures on that. You can’t be ready for everything, it seems like. “

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I could only drink two beers and the race was done. Man that was quick.
Thanks for adding the update Cookie. Do all races have a big fire like that? They kept driving around in circles. I don't do well with that. Last year I tried ski racing, but you always had to go "between" the poles, you couldn't improvise. Last Sunday we were skiing the edges near and through the trees where the new powder snow was. How interesting would that be if the cars raced all over town and got to pick their own routes.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Just following orders. I had to go out and buy a twelve pack. Are you sure I will be able to last a entire race if I drink all of this?

A 12 Pack should be no problem for a 3-4 hour race.

All tho, Not many people would set down and drink a 12 pack of Coke.

Sounds like you have enough beer left over to last you the rest of the season.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, now, instead of kitty litter to sop up stains in the garage, I think, I might use my Tide! :)

DonL

Reaction score
Well, now, instead of kitty litter to sop up stains in the garage, I think, I might use my Tide! :)

Kitty Litter works better, Tide is a Joke.

The Fire Crew at the racetrack was a Joke also.

I am watching the replay on Speed now.

I passed out the other night right at about a 6 pack...

Cookie

Reaction score
Kitty Litter works better, Tide is a Joke.

The Fire Crew at the racetrack was a Joke also.

I am watching the replay on Speed now.

I passed out the other night right at about a 6 pack...

You drink? Lol... I don't use Tide, I don't think I bought Tide even once, I find it too expensive than the others. BUT, I was going to get a box for the garage. But, now I won't, I will stick with my kitty litter, thanks Don. :) Kitty litter is cheap.

Do you think they were like the Keystone Cops? :)

DonL

Reaction score
I know that Tide is a sponsor of the race.

They pulled the same stunt years ago, Just to sell more.

The Safety Fire Trucks should have been using Foam, Not Water for that fire.
30 min Intermission ended up taking 2 hours, Only so that they could sell the 2 Million Leftover hotdogs, from the day before.

What is this world coming to when Terry can only drink 2 and I can only drink 6 and You don't drink even 1 ?

No Flush Toilets are coming soon...

DonL

Reaction score
Drink a couple Redbulls and you will not need a car. It gives you wings.

A couple of them after a 12 pack of Beer, and you are ready for another 12 pack.

Do enough of them combos and You can be with Dale E. Sr.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A couple of them after a 12 pack of Beer, and you are ready for another 12 pack.

Do enough of them combos and You can be with Dale E. Sr.

I like the races too, but I missed House because of it. i wonder when FOX will put that Episode back on. Maaybe Monday next week.

I want HOUSE!:mad:

DonL

Reaction score
I like the races too, but I missed House because of it. i wonder when FOX will put that Episode back on. Maaybe Monday next week.

I want HOUSE!:mad:

That did kind of suck. I like House also.

They Normally Air House the next day after midnight, If something takes up its original air time.

If you have a Dish, then a replay may be had.

Also Qxygn plays house on a regular basis. (Dish Ch. 127)

The new House Sucks according to my Girl. She would rather watch NASCAR.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
NASCAR at Phenoix this weekend

Don't forget to catch the Nationwide race this afternoon.

The NASCAR Big boys will be running Tomorrow.

A 12 Pack, Popcorn and your Favorite Loved one, should be close at hand.
Don't forget the Wine and Crackers for the Ladies.

Enjoy the race.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks