Danze, Help identifying shower valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Jerel Howell, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Jerel Howell

Jerel Howell New Member

I have two showers with the same trim kit installed and I believe this same valve. I still need to remove the other trim to verify it's the same valve. I'm pretty sure it's a Moen PosiTemp (the trim is moen) of some variety but I need to find a new trim for it. I also popped open the cap there on the right which I believe is the balance spool. It doesn't look very deep to me and it was a mess inside. I assume I'll need to find a way to remove this spool (if that is indeed what it is) and I wonder about advice for that as well. Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm a bit worried that I may have to replace the entire valve but curious to know your thoughts. Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jerel Howell

Jerel Howell New Member

Looks correct to me. Question is, do I keep this one or see about replacing it?