Cycle Stop Valves - CSV125 vs CSV1A For Residential

Users who are viewing this thread

Zane Bridgers

Reaction score
I must admit I am impressed. It pressurized to 143 PSI! Took a couple seconds as you said. Maybe you could refine your estimate a bit for next time ;)

Will it reach pretty close to that pressure with the CSV running at 1 gpm? I'm trying to determine if a 150 PSI sediment trap will survive pre-tank.

dirk_411

Reaction score

Zane Bridgers

Reaction score
I wanted to report back and say I did install the Rusco 1" Spin Down 100 mesh before the CSV. The system was working very well, and sand build up had slowly declined... until today.

Unfortunately while we were out of town, our neighbor (new construction) hooked up to the water. First day back in town and we just lost water. I ran to the well house to find the filter caked in mud/sediment, something I hadn't seen since the first fire up of the pump. I shut everything off, cleaned it all up, hit the control box overloads, and was very relieved to see the pump fire up, good pressure/flow.

Long and short, I would NOT recommend this set up unless you are 100% sure you won't ever see sediment in your water.

I ran through a few pump cycles with no hiccups but I'm wondering what the likelihood of permanent damage is? I assume it was the thermal overload on the motor that tripped, don't really see how it could be high amperage. Water pressure seemed pretty normal until this morning. Fingers crossed it was a lesson learned.

I guess the question now is if I remove that filter, could sediment potentially clog the CSV at low flows, or is that not a realistic scenario?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That kind of sediment will just go right through the CSV1A. It is more likely to clog the nipple to the pressure switch than anything. Filter after the pressure tank and if it clogs the pump builds pressure and shuts off. Filter before the CSV and tank it can clog, stop all flow, and cause the overload to trip. Unfortunately, those overloads automatically reset after a minute or two and turns the pump back on. This can happen multiple times before anyone knows it is happening, and sometimes not until it is too late. Moving the filter is probably a good idea, but so is not letting the neighbor pump the well so hard and make it silt up. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks