Cutting a cultured marble sink bowl out?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Swimmy44, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Swimmy44

Swimmy44 New Member

I am putting a stone vessel sink on top of an existing cultured marble countertop which has a molded in sink. I think I will need to cut out enough of the existing sink so that I can work on installing the drain for the vessel sink. I managed to find a stone sink which matches the countertop color perfectly and perfectly overlaps the existing sink. Will a saws-all cutter cut through cultured marble and if so, can I just saw through it to start cutting or should I drill a line of holes for the blade before I begin? I need to do this in place as I don't intend to remove the countertop or backsplash. I could use some help with the logistics of this procedure!!

2. ShowerDude

ShowerDude Showers

angle grinder w/diamond blade. no sawzall.
    good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    I would use a HackZaw or SawZall and cut it off right under the counter top. A diamond wheel will melt its way through.

5. ShowerDude

ShowerDude Showers

HJ has a valid point.

i use variable speed grinders

i responed without deeply reading

CULTURED counter to cut or bowl .....!!! ok i see ....an all in one prefab unit

i usually tear that stuff out!