Cutoff replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jose Torres

Reaction score

1. I was incapacitated from a recent surgery and had someone come and replace a broken ball valve on my system. I wasn't able to check their work at the time. Now I find they replaced broken valve with PVC one. Not going to deal with complaining to them. Didn't charge much. I'm more mobile now and will replace it myself. The question I have is what is the item in picture after the valve. Wasn't sure if it's a backflow preventer or not. Thanks for any help.

cutoff-valve-pvc.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
It's a single check valve that has ports to check its performance. Just exercise the valve twice a year by turning off and on should be okay. Pvc valves do take more effort to close than ball valve and there port is not full i.d.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Is this valve for the home or irrigation system? I see a backflow preventer. Irrigation is always PVC and I've broken a few of them whereas they get very hard to turn. If this is for your home shut off, I would replace it with a brass ball valve, if for irrigation, leave it as is.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks