Cut off too high

Users who are viewing this thread

FranktownTim

Reaction score
My pump starts when the gauge on the pressure tank reads 40lbs. The pump starts and then cuts off at 80lbs. I've read on this and other forums that 70lbs is the maximum recommended. What problems can be encountered with a pressure above 70lbs? Should I adjust the the pressure switch down? If yes, should the cut in pressure be lowered too (like 30/70)?

I hope this isn't a dumb question.

R

Rancher

FranktownTim said:
I hope this isn't a dumb question.
There are no dumb questions on this forum, only dumb answers. If you have a typical "square" D pressure switch both the range and gap are adustable, to keep the start pressure at 40 and lower the stop pressure, adjust the lower nut that is off center in the switch, I think counterclockwise will lower the gap (I may not be using the correct terms here but I just dreamed them up).

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks