Curbless Shower on new concrete slab?

Users who are viewing this thread

Method

Reaction score
Hello, I'm doing a new build and my plumber and I were having some discussion on what may end up being the best way to do a curbless shower with a linear drain on a new concrete slab that is being poured.

I don't want to do tile on the top, the goal is just to have the concrete slab be the drain, so we're trying to figure out what way may be the best to achieve this look.

We're wondering if we should do one pour, with the shower boxed out then pour the shower pan with the slope later. The issue we may encounter would be the concrete would look different, however since my plan is to stain the top of the floor anyways I don't think that should be an issue.

I've attached an image below of the type of look I'm aiming for.

joshuatreeinspiration.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, while cement is not damaged by being wetted, it's not waterPROOF. Plumbing code requires the pan of a shower to be waterproof, so, not sure how you'd get this done and pass a plumbing inspection. You may need a conversation with your plumbing inspector.
WWW.johnbridge.com is my go-to place for building a shower. Terry's site is great for plumbing questions and some other remodeling stuff.

Method

Reaction score
Yea that's what we both were talking about, seeing as concrete will stil absord water. I appreciate the suggestion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks