Culligan water softener leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Kelly777

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Culligan Medalist Gen2 water softener that is leaking from the back: the blue hose that goes from the salt tank into the water tank and from the small pipe (?) in the back. There is water all over around the floor of the tank at least a gallon or more. Does this have to do with the seal around the hose? I have checked the status and there is no error code that comes up. Plus the last time I tried to put salt in some salt in some small dead flies floated to the top.

I do not have money to spend on a plumber right now and have a strong feeling that this is something I should be able to resolve on my own ( or at least I hope so).

Please let me know if there is anymore information you need and any help is greatly appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are saying that both leaks are at the brine tank. This could be explained by the brine float valve not working.

Check the liquid level in your tank in the round brine well (about 4 inch diameter with a little lid on it). If the level is too high, that indicates the float valve is not working. Most systems use that as a safety feature. There are some systems that use that float valve to actually control the amount of brine fill. I don't know which your system uses. To know, look at your manual to see how to change the amount of salt used. If it is at the controller, your float valve is a safety item.

If your system uses the float valve as a safety, you have two problems: probably the system is not drawing the brine in during a regen, and the float valve failed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks