Culligan MK 50 programming settings - missing a step? Time for a change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Outhouse

Reaction score
While changing settings due to iron stains suddenly appearing I followed the instructions step by step. Time of day, SLEP- changed to 20 from 15, Buu changed to 30 from 25, Br changed to 65 from 60, Cap 30 from 31 and the final step is to press Status to set the number of days between regeneration. It's at this stage of the setup that the screen is blank. Not able to set the days. This is most likely the reason regeneration not taking place, I think. The unit is 6 years old. Salt does not appear to be bridging. Is it time for a new unit? Would repairs be a waste of money at this point? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't been overly excited with Culligain, do readers of this forum have alternate manufacturer suggestions?
Thanks

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have a meter unit then the day count should not matter.
I know that either the clack or fleck digital controls with the meter can be set up for either... ie counting both the gallons and the days so that which ever comes up first sends the unit into a cleaning cycle.
There might be some thing going on with the digital control for your system, might that still be under warranty?

There is some thing to be said about the older style of timer control... not that much of a challenge and easy to work with, no chips to go bad..

Outhouse

Reaction score
I found a plug that was not totally inserted into the circuit board and got excited that this might be the problem, but no-joy. Thanks for the suggestions, and please keep them coming. At this point I see another unit in my future.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If the unit is only 6 years old it might be a good idea to call the Culligan man and have him take a look at it and give you a repair estimate.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Or look for another control board and replace it with what is there.
The main motor is 24volt?

Outhouse

Reaction score
I made a command decision and replaced the Culligan with a GE Smart Water unit this weekend. I don't like the thought of only dealing with Culligan repair and the thought of being sold something that only they can repair or replace. Only time will tell with the new GE unit.
Thank you all for your responses, this is a most helpful website.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks