Culligan estate2 soft water system not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Devonb32

Reaction score
I plugged in the soft water system and there is a humming but nothing else. I Al's notice the salt tank has salt with no water in it and the bypass valve (blue) is.pushed out. Any suggestions

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Need more info? Is this a new home for you? How old and model number? The bypass valve is the bypass position? It being "pushed out" means nothing.

More likely the motor that operates everything is seized or bad. Or the valve for the water softener is jammed with mineral deposited. Older systems a a motor turns a cam to move the valve for operation through back flush and recharge and in the process remove the brine water and refills the salt tank. Between the motor and cam there could be a shear pin that broke. I had a Rainsoft and it the shear pin and it occasionally break in the regen mode and the valving placed the softener in a bypass mode.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I’m only assuming it might have one. Find the model number and google search for the manual or parts. To clean the valve it will needed to be taken apart. Newer units may be plastic, older one brass. More likely will need new o rings and silicone grease. A humming motor noise could also mean a bad motor.

Devonb32

Reaction score
20190130_185802.jpg
20190130_185706.jpg

Devonb32

Reaction score
The piece on the left doesn't turn when I manually spin the gears on the right

Attachments

• 20190202_140523.jpg
    20190202_140523.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 785
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks