Culligan Cullar no longer backwashes + rebed instructions?

Users who are viewing this thread

scrupul0us

Reaction score
I have a culligan cullar back washing filter in my house that no longer back washes...

It used to backwash every 2 days however it no longer does and when I progress through the menu to option 11 and press the up arrow twice (which used to force a backwash) I get nothing... Not even the sound of the motor...

What might I do or look at to remedy this?

Also, the unit is maybe 8-9 years since it was rebedded by the previous owners... I can get the gravel and media from uswatersystems.com but I cannot find a service manual for the unit to save my life (the steps to take, what other parts I might need, O-rings, etc) Can anyone provide a manual, parts, etc needed?

Any input/thoughts/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you VERY much

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might try taking the hot wires from the plug and jumping the motor, if it runs then the board is bad, if the motor does not run then the motor is bad.

Changing the media is not that hard, the system into bypass, depressure the system, un hook the system from the bypass and remove the head from the tank, yours is most likely a screw off type..
Empty the media into what ever you would like.
put the dist. back into the tank with a small square of tape over the open end so that no media or gravel goes into it.
Gravel first about 10-15 lbs, then the carbon, fill with water to a few inches below the opening, put the head back on and put back into place.
put into cleaning cycle about 6 hours later after the water has soaked the carbon and slowly open the bypass a little at a time to move out the air slowly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks