csv1w question

Users who are viewing this thread

spylake farms

Reaction score
Is there a procedure I can perform on an existing pump that will tell me if it will exceed the relief valve pressure or worse the 160 PSI rating on my poly pipe when throttled back to 1 gal/min?

The well has a 2.5 hp pump at 75 feet and a static water level of 20 feet.

However I do not have a pump pressure curve for this specific pump.

Second question. I want to replace the existing pump with a Water Ace R203A 1 hp set at 150 feet. I estimate draw down will be ~ 50 feet at 15 gal/min.

(pump was chosen because it is one I have on hand)

specs on the pump can be found at this URL

http://www.waterace.com/pdf/23833A019 Well Pumps Eng.pdf

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That pump can build about 170 PSI. Your relief valve needs to be after the CSV, and will only see the regular 40/60 pressure. The 160# pipe will still be fine as the burst pressure is usually 3 to 5 times the rated pressure of the pipe. Just double clamp the barb fittings if possible.

spylake farms

Reaction score
That pump can build about 170 PSI. Your relief valve needs to be after the CSV, and will only see the regular 40/60 pressure. The 160# pipe will still be fine as the burst pressure is usually 3 to 5 times the rated pressure of the pipe. Just double clamp the barb fittings if possible.

I will use new Endopure 200 psi 1.25 pipe then for that extra margin. Unfortunately the pump I have is not ideal for the water levels I'm pumping. I think it is a 9 stage pump and a 7 stage would have been better for the shallow depths in my well.

But, Lowes was blowing them out at $100 new a while back so that is what I have and I'd rather not have to buy a new pump at $4-500 .

In your experience does the higher pressure work for or against me as far as current draw at lower water flows?

Speedbump

Reaction score
You will find that Lowes only sells one series of Myers (Water Ace) pump. It's the ten gallon per minute. They sell that with the one pump fits all attitude. If they blow up your water heater or your bladder because of a stuck pressure switch, oh well! The efficiency of this pump is going to be way out of whack because it's the wrong liquid end for your situation. You could do just as good with a 1/2hp pulling half the amps doing the same job.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks