CSV valve adjustment question

Users who are viewing this thread

Prodjbm

Reaction score
Good evening. My 4.4 gallon pressure tank arrived today. I adjusted the pressure to 28 pounds to match my 30/50 pressure switch. I followed instructions to adjust the csv. The bolt on the top is almost all the way down to get to 40 psi while a shower was running. Shower head is newer,, within 8 years old. Is it normal for that screw to be adjusted all the way in to get to 40 psi?
Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
No. All the way in is set to 150 PSI, 40 PSI the bolt will barely be tightened in at all. With the adjustment tightened all the way in the CSV is just a piece of pipe, and the pump is not putting out enough to get the shower to 40 PSI.

Prodjbm

Reaction score
I have been working with the folks at CSV and they have been great. They too said that all the way in should be about 125 psi.
New 1/2 hp pump, 30/50 switch (ridgid from home depot) I know not best, but I had no water and was in jamb. CSV said that pump should be making more pressure than it is. They said the specs don't show a curve so they can't get more specific. New weltrol 4.4 gallon pressure tank installed right to CSV valve bottom port.
I just replied to CSV and told them that my well line to pump is 1 inch rather than 1 1/4 , don't know if this makes adifference.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah we are answering your questions from both ends this morning. I would like to see a picture of your set up. When the bolt on the CSV is tightened way down and you still don't have much pressure it is usually because the pump cannot supply enough pressure.

Prodjbm

Reaction score
I had a feeling "valveman" may be part of the csv company when I receive your response. My apologies, when I finished last night I figured the company was closed and I was a little worried something was wrong.
I will get a pic asap, not easy access and not a lot of room in that crawl space, still sore from yesterday lol

Prodjbm

Reaction score
First I want to say the folks at CSV have the best support you can ever imagine. Thank you all very much!
UPDATE:
I was going to change the pump over to your recommendation. I went under the house to start taking the other pump out. My wife was showering at the time and I noticed that the pressure gauge was at 50 psi with shower running.
So, I began the csv adjustment process over again. Now the csv is not all the way down to get to 40psi with shower running. Maybe air in the system yesterday and water never ran long enough?
I attached 2 pics to show set up

Attachments

• 20190925_135925.jpg
    20190925_135925.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 20190925_135813.jpg
    20190925_135813.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 131
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks