CST746 Toto Drake3 rough-in

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by MTy, Jun 14, 2021.

1. MTy

MTy Member

I have the following Toto Drake3
    Model:CST746CSMFG#01

My flange rough-in is exactly 12 inches from my finished drywall. However I want to add tile. Probably an additional 3/8-1/2 with tile and thinset. The spec sheet seems to indicate I'll have about 1/4 between finished tile wall and tank.

Before I tile can someone with experience with this toilet please confirm the accuracy of the spec sheet?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2021
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The spec sheet shows 3/4" behind the tank.
    Very shallow bowl on the Drake3 and hard to keep clean.

[​IMG]

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. MTy

MTy Member

Thanks Terry. I've heard that about that toilet on here. Not a lot was mentioned about that issue in online reviews I read. Too late now, purchased it back in December. Got a great black Friday deal on it though, haha.

While I've got your attention, my toilet flange is 1/8 out of level front to back and the top will sit about 3/16 to 1/16 below finished tile, respectively. It's my understanding a jumbo or double wax rings will solve that issue?

However, the flange doesn't sit directly on the subfloor either. Any reason fashioning a wood ring to go under the flange and securing the flange to that with screws into the subfloor wouldn't work?

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You can add spacing under the flange if it's not touching the subfloor.
    If the flange is lower than the finished flooring, then yes, a thick wax or two rings stacked may be the answer.