CST746 Toto Drake3 rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

MTy

Reaction score
I have the following Toto Drake3
Model:CST746CSMFG#01

My flange rough-in is exactly 12 inches from my finished drywall. However I want to add tile. Probably an additional 3/8-1/2 with tile and thinset. The spec sheet seems to indicate I'll have about 1/4 between finished tile wall and tank.

Before I tile can someone with experience with this toilet please confirm the accuracy of the spec sheet?

cst746-terrylove-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MTy

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I've heard that about that toilet on here. Not a lot was mentioned about that issue in online reviews I read. Too late now, purchased it back in December. Got a great black Friday deal on it though, haha.

While I've got your attention, my toilet flange is 1/8 out of level front to back and the top will sit about 3/16 to 1/16 below finished tile, respectively. It's my understanding a jumbo or double wax rings will solve that issue?

However, the flange doesn't sit directly on the subfloor either. Any reason fashioning a wood ring to go under the flange and securing the flange to that with screws into the subfloor wouldn't work?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can add spacing under the flange if it's not touching the subfloor.
If the flange is lower than the finished flooring, then yes, a thick wax or two rings stacked may be the answer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks