CST744EG

Users who are viewing this thread

Panamax

Reaction score
I have my floor torn out of my bathroom. I'm replacing the cast iron with pvc. I'm just about ready to rough in my toilet flange. The bathroom is very narrow. The toilet faces the shower. I want to keep as much space between as possible. Is it o.k. to rough in at 11-1/4" if I'm going to install the Eco Drake CST744EG? I don't mind the tank against the wall.

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could rough at 11.5 and mount it at 11.25, because there is the ability to easily slide things as much or more than that when mounting. The advantage would be future flexibility.

Panamax

Reaction score
Cool, but I'm hoping it will last quite awhile. The toilet that was there worked just fine, it was 70's era.

I do want it as far back as possible. So I'm thinking put the flange centered at 11.25 and slide it back until the tank hits the wall. I don't have baseboards installed at the moment, so I'll be able to fudge in the baseboard as needed. Thanks.

Attachments

• WP_20170326_19_46_19_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20170326_19_46_19_Pro (2).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 102

Panamax

Reaction score
So I was about to order the Eco Drake and my wife looked over my shoulder and saw an ad for the Eco UltraMax MS854114EG and asked "why can't you install that one, it doesn't cost much more".

So, same question - can the flange be roughed in at 11.25" from finished wall to squeeze another 3/4" clearance in front for the Eco UltraMax?

A simpler question might be which elongated Toto has the shortest length? And can the rough in be finagled to squeeze the little bit of extra clearance? I'm not at home. But I think at 28" from the finished wall I would barely have 14 to 15" in front before the shower.

Thanks again, mucho!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The one-piece MS854114EG needs 11-1/4"
The CST744EG can get by with 10-7/8"

You don't want to cut it too close though
These things are made of clay, formed large and then shrunk down after being in the Kiln.
It's not the same with every bowl.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have a back-tilt in the floor, it is more important to use shims. You want to use shims to be rid of rocking anyway, but it is possible that you could shim a little extra at the back if the top of the tank is your limiting factor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks